The trouble with tea : the politics of consumption in the eighteenth-century global economy
|Books and Brochures|
Merritt, Jane T
xii, 212 pages ; 24 cm
Includes bibliographical references and index.
9781421421520 (hardcover : alk. paper)
9781421421537 (pbk. : alk. paper)
1421421526 (hardcover : alk. paper)
1421421534 (pbk. : alk. paper)
Johns Hopkins University Press,
Studies in early American economy and society from the Library Company of Philadelphia.
Table of Contents:
- Introduction: consumer revolutions
- The English commercial empire expands
- The rise of a "tea-fac'd generation"
- Politicizing American consumption
- The global dimensions of the American tea crisis
- Repatriating tea in revolutionary America
- Chinese tea and American commercial independence