About this website
search.iisg.amsterdam is a search platform for the collections of the
International Institute of Social History
(IISH), Netherlands Economic History
Archive (NEHA), and Persmuseum.
For practical information and answers to FAQs on accessing the collections please see Collections.
The language switch applies to the labels on the website. The language of the data itself does not change.
– descriptions and inventories to archival collections of IISH, NEHA and
For Dutch archives a short description in Dutch is available, for all other archives the short description is in English. An inventory is available for over 1500 archives and can be in Dutch, English, German, French or Spanish, depending on the archives country of origin.
The content of almost 400 collections is online available through this catalogue.
More information: iisg.amsterdam/en/collections/browsing/archives.
- from the following serials are online available:
- International Review of Social History, 1936-1939
- Bulletin of the International Institute for Social History, 1937-1955
- International Review of Social History, 1956-2015
- Economisch-Historisch Jaarboek, 1915-1970
- Economisch- en Sociaal-Historisch Jaarboek, 1970-1993
- NEHA-Bulletin. Orgaan ten behoeve van de economische geschiedenis in Nederland, 1987-2003
- Jaarboek voor de Geschiedenis van Bedrijf en Techniek, 1984-1993
- Economic and Social History in the Netherlands, 1989-1996
- NEHA-Jaarboek voor economische, bedrijfs- en techniekgeschiedenis, 1994-2003
Books and brochures – contains records of all books and brochures in the library of IISH, NEHA, and Persmuseum.
Serials – contains descriptions of all newspapers, journals, yearbooks, and annual reports in the collections of IISH, NEHA, and, Persmuseum.
Documents – the image collection
held by the IISH includes about photos, negatives, and drawings. The
one of the largest collections of posters in the Netherlands as well as
several hundred banners. In addition, the collections
include a considerable number of films, videos, and buttons. Over 270,000
images are available digitally.
There is a subject index in the thesaurus.
More information: iisg.amsterdam/en/collections/browsing/image-sound.
Music and sound - songs of struggle and protest; historical recordings, in original and published. Speeches party leaders, congresses and meetings, interviews and oral history projects.